Thursday, August 2, 2007

Wish Me Good Luck!

I'm ready for a change in careers. It's been a long time coming but I'm really hoping things will pan out for me.

Tomorrow I'm headed to apply for a new line of work. A school bus driver is what I'm trying to get. They start drivers out between $15.00 to $17.00 an hour and you can work as much as you like. I'm sure I'll have to be fingerprinted, background checked and tested for drugs but I have nothing to hide and don't do that shit. Not to mention the fact I have a perfect driving record and I'm sure I can handle getting a CDL license. Heck, I learned how to drive on a stick shift tractor, pulling a kicker baler out in the fields on the farm. I think I can manage to learn to drive an automatic bus on the road. And, it's not like we live in a big city either so I don't have to worry about that kind of traffic to deal with.

Yeah, I think I could put up with screaming banshee kids and all the other bullshit that goes along with it for that kind of cash flow. It sure has to be better than being a professional punching bag, putting up with delusional family members and making $5.00 less an hour than their highest starting wages for such an honor. (Dripping in heavy sarcasm).

I even went so far as to make sure that I have 3 solid and good references ready to go as well. I got them today. They're all co-workers so they would be able to give a solid statement about my work and my personality. More references will be available upon request. I have more people to ask if they'd be willing to give me a reference or not.

Yeah, I'm ready for a change. Can you tell!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment