Sunday, August 12, 2007

F.T.A., Last Day, I Promise

5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Let's get ready to crash, slam, boom Demolition Derby time at the fair. Youngerspawn and I headed out after the 3rd qualification heat but Graumagus and Elderspawn made it through the last one. They didn't stay for the grand finale heat or the two consolation heats because ES got hit in the face with a huge mud ball and decided they saw enough.

The blue car over against the wall is representing another local Cub Scout Pack. I thought that was cool and our pack needs to do this next year.


This car got slammed so hard from behind that it was sent up and over the huge cement block, knocking it over into the fence. The front end slammed the fence pretty hard finally coming to a stop as you see it in the pic. I would not want to have been one of the people standing on the other side of that fence.



This is a 1951 Farmall Model M tractor that my grandfather used on his farm. I remember driving this thing around the farm when I was a kid. It looks like hell but it still runs and it even still has a tin can on top of the smoke stack. He sold it since he's no longer able to do most of the farm work himself but I was able to find it amongst a bagillion other antique tractors out there and get a pic of it.

All in all is was a very hot and tiring yet fun week for me. The kids had a blast and for some reason not one single person irritated me at all. Usually I find at least one person who is so rude I just want to ram them over with Youngerspawn's stroller. I must just be getting more mellow as I get older.

And the spawn never once wanted to play games or go on rides today. The only ride to be had out there was one pony ride for YS. Heck, they never enough started squabbling out there today. I think they finally got faired out!

No comments:

Post a Comment