Wednesday, August 22, 2007

But Mom's Not Ready

It's already here. It's that time again. School. The spawn go back tomorrow. Shit. I'm not ready. Normally it's the parents who are ready to shove the kids out the door. Not me. Normally the kids don't want to go back yet. Not my spawn. They were ready a month ago. Hell, that's all they've talked about for the past two weeks. School. Yippee!

I've been scrambling the past month trying to get everything both spawn needs for school. Registration fees (which went up $22.00 each this year), school physicals (one's in Pre-K the other's in 5th), clothes (pants needing hemming), undies, socks, shoes, school supplies, getting their bus schedules - youngerspawn's is screwed up as they have him in Kindergarten and going all day when he's in Pre-K going in the mornings only. Fuck. It is getting too expensive to send my kids to school anymore. Of course both of them outgrew all of their school clothes from last year so we had to start from scratch this year.

I had one hell of a time finding gym shoes for Elderspawn. 4 different stores. He wears a size 5 and the shoes can't be black soled. And he can't tie shoes. Yeah right. Try to find something that will fit that bill and not be a shoe that has to be tied. He's 10 and isn't able to tie shoes because of his medical issues. We ended up with a pair with black soles that are non-marking and they slip on and off. They'll just have to deal with it. He ended up with a pair that ties to wear to school. Grau will have to help him with them in the mornings.

Tomorrow I'm going to have to take the day off of work and go up to Elderspawn's school to set up his lunch account and get him settled in. It's supposed to be raining even more all night long and I'm not letting him stand out in the rain with a backpack stuffed full and a bag with his gym shoes in it. Then I have to take Youngerspawn to his school to meet with his teacher on the first day of school. We have to bring in all his school supplies tomorrow too. He then will start on Friday. I also have to fix his bus schedule with his school as they were the ones who screwed it up in the first place.

Oh, and this weekend (starting Friday after school through Sunday morning) is our annual Cub Scout Pack Campout. Yeah. The weekend right after school starts. Shit. Now I'm scrambling to try and get everything put together for that shindig. Thanks a lot guys. We couldn't have done it earlier this month, huh!?!

I think I've managed to get everything they need to start off with. If not, it looks like yet another trip to the store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment