Friday, May 8, 2009

Idiots Around Me

Remember what I said in my last post about putting up and shutting up about some people I could live without in my neighborhood? Forget what I said about that!

Why you may ask? Well, some stupid friggen idiot lets her 3 or 4 year old little girl run out in front of moving vechicles.

My mom and I were heading back from the store across the street when this little girl ran right in front of my mom's car from behind a car parked on the road. My mom saw her in the nick of time to slam the brakes and have the little girl about 6 inches or less from her front bumper. The girl froze in her tracks, threw her arms in the air, closed her eyes and let out a scream.

The mother's reaction? She just stood there and never bothered to say a single word to her. The neighbor, who this little girl was coming from, again, just stood there and said nothing.

Well, we got to my place, I got out of the car, walked into the middle of the road and screamed at the time of my lungs that they need to watch their kids better than what they do otherwise they'll get smashed! Needless to say, I sure did get the attention of the four boys across the street from me who were playing basketball at the time. They stopped dead in their tracks while staring at me and were so quiet you could hear a pin drop. It worked on them! I'm sure everyone in that mobile home park heard me and stopped dead in their tracks, except that mother.

Now, if it were my kid, I'd be screaming bloody murder him to stop because a car is coming and he's about to become road kill. But then again, I've taught my kids how NOT to play in traffic cuz the chicken never wins cuz the moving vechicle outweighs him and can outrun him no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment