Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Old People And Me

They're attracted to me like flies to stink. Swear to gawd.

At the store I've been asked about hemorroid creams, told about bowel problems, asked where things are located at, etc, etc. Like I know or really want to know.

But today, oh, today really takes the cake for me.

I'm driving down the road when all of a sudden this huge boat of a car starts to turn in front of me from where it was parked. In a split second decision I find myself in the oncoming lane of traffic to avoid t-boning him.

He keeps on coming at me. I swerve more. His front end swipes my passenger side and keeps going. Finally realizing what just happened, he backs up and returns to his original starting point so I pull into a parking spot on the side of the road I originally started from.

This little old man gets out of his car, walks up to me by my car and says I don't know how that happened, I didn't even see you there. I don't see any damage to my car. While standing there assessing the damage to my car I ask him for his insurance info. "Eh, you have to speak up. I'm hard of hearing."

Now, when things get to the point that you can't see. You can't hear. You should NOT be driving let alone a huge boat of a car.

At least his memory's intact though. He remembered he has insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment