Saturday, September 8, 2007

I Need To Update........

.....but I just feel blah right now. Youngerspawn went to school the following week. Then - a week after the camp out, he started running a fever - for 3 days straight. He got the chest congestion and runny nose. Then on Monday, Labor Day, his nose bled. A lot. Finally, off to the doc we went only to be told he had Impetigo with a localized staph infection in his sinuses. And an upper respiratory infection. UGH! Poor baby. But to my misunderstanding, I had thought Impetigo was a skin infection causing a rash. Silly me. Not so with the localized type. I'm pretty sure that from camping out in the damp and cold his defenses were down and when he went to school someone was sick and he got it that way. He's on antibiotics now and slowly getting better, but the antibiotics are making his tummy feel icky and he's still not eating a whole lot.

Elderspawn got some of the chest congestion as well but he fights it off a whole lot easier. He never ran the fevers either. I lucked out and didn't get sick but there were a few others who did that were out there that weekend. This just teaches us not to go camping in the cool, wet weather, eh!?!

Elderspawn's loving school, he has a few new crushes this year already, and has had a ton of homework almost every night thus far. At least I've learned my son isn't gay :)

I finally heard from the bus company I had applied at. Seems all the full time positions are filled and they're only offering 20 hours a week IF they don't get the positions filled in beforehand. Needless to say, I turned them down. Oh well, I'll keep on hitting different places. I'll see if I can come up with something better than what I have now.

Sorry folks, that's all I've got in me right now. Maybe I'll be better writing later.

No comments:

Post a Comment